Sunday 12 May 2013

Shifting mentalities.

It's amazing how shifting one's mentality can do to one's day. I am not talking about changing from some negative attitudes to positive ones. I have tried this some time but got nothing out of it. I think we should really take stock of our circumstances and be realistic.

If you are  not happy with your circumstances you have to find tools that can make it easy for you as you work on changing your circumstances. Especially if it's something like selling muffins for 3 months before you can have enough money to buy a better bed or longer and pressing situations. If you are gonna be depressed those 3 months you may not accomplish your goal.

Lately I have been lamenting about people, circumstances and everything I can put a bad label on. "These people are selfish and not helpful", "these people are just..." I even put in a few strong words to make what I am saying more heavy than it may sound without them. I have been quite a victim. I have attracted horrible people into my life, I have reduced my self-worth by seeing myself through what I think is their eyes.

These things  may be real or  not real but why do they have to make  me feel so small and worth so little. I felt lost and just drifted  through. I did not notice this until I decided to think about something I really love. I do not have this thing and at the point that I am at right now I may get it or not get it, but I can move my situation to a point where my chances of attracting are quite good. This is something I love , it resonates with my very being, it makes me happy and I want to have it for my dear self. I don't  want someone to go and get it for me. I want to make it happen.

In this way I instantly moved from a position of weakness to one of power and unending possibilities.  A position of hope and determination, a position of faith and peace. I have made a decision to hope and believe in the fulfillment of my goal. After I thought of this and felt so good I decided to write it down and affirm it to myself. The affirmation felt so good. In this particular time I feel that when I meet people I don't need them to accept  me, I am powerful, I work hard, I make things happen for myself. I may forget and be a receiver here and there . But that is not who I am . I am a giver and not a recipient, I positively contribute to people's lives. I call on the people I love to have into my life, if they respond positively, it is an opportunity for them to enjoy my companionship just as it is mine to enjoy theirs.
No party has to tolerate the other, it is mutual interest. If it is not then such a relationship is of  no use to me.
We deserve the best that life has to offer, accepting mediocrity in any sphere is a way of blocking better things, the  things we deserve.

The next time you feel down, remember to envision yourself as a giver. A person of value. This is not selflessness  It is the realization that from the time you were born the pressure in the atmosphere has been just perfect, the oxygen you breathe has been just suitable for you and the sun never refused to rest nor rise and the temperature has been good enough to sustain you too. How about the earth not refusing the growth of crops and the sustenance of your other life forms? What more can you ask nature for without giving back? You are part of how the system of life works and it works by giving.

Always be a giver and not a petitioner and the whole universe will have no choice but to dance with you.
With lots of love, I quote:

“The belief that unhappiness is selfless and happiness is selfish is misguided. It's more selfless to act happy. It takes energy, generosity, and discipline to be unfailingly lighthearted, yet everyone takes the happy person for granted. No one is careful of his feelings or tries to keep his spirits high. He seems self-sufficient; he becomes a cushion for others. And because happiness seems unforced, that person usually gets no credit.” 
― Gretchen RubinThe Happiness Project: Or Why I Spent a Year Trying to Sing in the Morning, Clean My Closets, Fight Right, Read Aristotle, and Generally Have More Fun


No comments: